*Download a .pdf of this document
Water holds a major place in nature’ s cycle. Life and the reproduction of any species cannot exist without water. Without water, we will only live a few days. This is because our body relies on water to filter. move, and get rid of toxic or foreign particles that can get into our system. Our bodies are made of 80% water and 20% mass. The brain itself is 93% water. What happens when we don’t get enough water? Our bodies slowly dehydrate ‘and we can become sluggish. forgetful. unable to do basic math. and very fatigued.
Now let’s talk about dean. pure, water. Water can be found in many places. But water is a carrier. That means that when water. H20. is mixed with something else. it becomes what is added. For example: a glass of water with a lemon slice in it becomes lemonwater. That means as your body ingests and starts to assimilate it. it treats the lemonwater as it does a lemon. This is also true at mealtimes. When you consume water with your meal. the water becomes what the meal is to your body.
What have we learned? In order for your body to assimilate water. it must have nothing mixed to the water or nothing can be in your stomach (which means 22 minutes before or after a meal or snack) in order for your body to assimilate water as water.
MORE FACTS ABOUT WATER-
1. 75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated. (This applies to half the world population.)
2. In 37% of Americans, the thirst mechanism is so weak that it is often mistaken for hunger.
3. Even MILD dehydration will slow down one’s metabolism as much as 3%.
4. One glass of water will shut down midnight hunger pangs for l00o~ of the dieters studies in a University of Washington Study.
5. The number 1 trigger of daytime fatigue is lack of water.
6. Research indicates that 8-10 glasses of water a day could significantly ease back and joint pain for up to 80% of sufferers.
7. A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzy short-term memory, trouble with basic math. and difficulty focusing on the computer screen or on a printed page.
8. Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases the risk of colon cancer by 45%. slash the risk of breast cancer by 79%. and one is 50% less likely to develop bladder cancer.
IF YOU ARE NOT DRINKING A GALLON Of WATER A DAY, YOU ARE NOT DRINKING ENOUGH WATER!
© Cindy Sellers
Check out Fitness Volt’s Water Intake Calculator
Find out how much water you should be drinking for your weight and exercise level.